About Juliette Lachemeier, PhD
I am a professional member of both Editors QLD and Sfep (UK) with national accreditation in editing, writing and publishing acquired through the competency based, two-year National Editor (Diploma of Editing and Publishing). This accredited diploma is recognised by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and was developed against the codified Australian Institute of Professional Editors (IPed) standards.
I am currently the managing editor, writer, researcher and desktop publisher at The Erudite Pen. As a writer and editor, I bring a high degree of communication and English language skills with me. These skills have been finely honed over twenty-five years within diverse professional career and educational environments. Please see my Linked In Profile for my specific educational and career background.
My editing, writing, research and publishing skills extend into areas such as structural editing, copy editing, proofreading, punctuation, grammar, typography and design in both print and non-print media.
These skills also encompass the required knowledge of law and ethics for writers, editors and publishers, editing for major sectors of the publishing industry, application of standard Australian, British and American language conventions and researching accuracy of content.
I can edit, write, research or desktop publish documents in many fields and disciplines. I have special expertise in:
- Business, training program, human resources and educational (both adult and ESL) writing and editing
- Health science and clinical research
- Theses and dissertation submissions
- Social science, particularly women’s human rights and social justice, welfare reform, gender equality, economic, political and environmental issues
I have a particular passion for and in-depth knowledge of:
- Human consciousness development
- Expanded and altered states of consciousness (AESC)
- Out-of-body experiences (OBEs)
- Near-death experiences (NDEs)
- Metaphysics (for information on my doctoral research please visit: https://universityofmetaphysics.com/dr-juliette-lachemeier-ph-d/ @ https://universityofmetaphysics.com; https://universityofsedona.com/;https://internationalmetaphysicalministry.com/)
- Contemplative meditation disciplines (trophotropy) and their scientific substantiation
- Ecstatic practice and arousal (ergotropy) and its scientific validation
- Transpersonal psychology
- Spirituality and religious science
My qualifications range from certificates and diplomas through to continuing practitioner education (CPE) and bachelor, master and doctoral degrees. My commitment to excelling in my professional life is very high, and this is reflected in the writing and editing work I undertake.
Style manuals and reference books used for editing work:
- Australian Style Manual for authors, editors and printers, 6th edition – Snooks & Co
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition – University of Chicago Press
- Australian Standards for Editing Practice - Iped
- New Oxford Dictionary for Scientific Writers and Editors - Oxford University Press
- AMA Manual of Style - JAMA
- APA 6th Ed. Style Manual
- The Elements of Style – Strunk and White
- On Writing Well – William Zinsser
- The Editors’ Companion, 2nd edition – Janet Mackenzie
- Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, 8th Edition – Turabian
- Scientific Style and Format, 7th edition (8th soon to be released) – Council of Science Editors
- Writers & copyright – Australian Copyright Council
- New Hart's Rules, The Oxford Style Guide - Oxford University Press, plus many more.